Hair loss is a common problem that can affect both men and women. There are many different causes of hair loss, including genetics, hormonal changes, and certain medical conditions. While there are many hair loss treatments available, some people prefer to use natural remedies – like us! Creating a hair loss oil is one way to address this issue in a natural way.
Here is a formula for a hair loss oil that can be made at home (in under 5 minutes!):
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil
- 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil (you can substitute with liquid coconut or argan oil!)
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
Note: Great essential oil alternatives if you do not have some of the ones listed above: Clary Sage, Cedarwood, Tea Tree, Geranium, Chamomile
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the castor oil and jojoba oil.
- Add the essential oils and mix well.
- Transfer the oil to a clean, dark-colored glass bottle with a dropper.
- Before using the oil, shake the bottle well.
- Part your hair and apply the oil to the scalp, massaging it in with your fingers.
- Leave the oil on for at least an hour, or overnight for best results.
- Wash your hair as usual.
It's important to note that some people may be allergic to certain oils and essential oils, so it's always a good idea to do a patch test before using any new hair oil or essential oil.
This oil can be used on a regular basis, ideally 2-3 times a week. The castor oil in the oil is known for its ability to promote hair growth, while the jojoba oil helps to moisturize the scalp. The essential oils of rosemary, lavender, and peppermint have been known for promoting hair growth, reducing hair fall, and improve the overall health of the hair.
It's important to keep in mind that hair loss can be caused by a variety of factors, and this homemade oil may not be effective for everyone. Consult with a doctor if you are experiencing severe hair loss.
In conclusion, creating a hair loss oil at home is a natural and cost-effective way to address hair loss. Given this is a natural remedy it may take longer to see results, however, natural remedies are always worth the wait in our opinion!
If you're interested in learning about other homemade remedies, check out our D-I-Y page!