Hair loss is a common problem that can affect both men and women. There are many different causes of hair loss, including genetics, hormonal changes, and certain medical conditions. While there are many hair loss treatments available, some people prefer to use natural remedies – like us! Creating a hair loss serum is one way to address this issue in a natural way.
Here is a recipe for a hair loss serum that can be made at home (in under 5 minutes!):
- 2 tablespoons of castor oil
- 2 tablespoons of jojoba oil (you can substitute with liquid coconut or argan oil!)
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 10 drops of peppermint essential oil
Note: Great essential oil alternatives if you do not have some of the ones listed above: Thyme, Cedarwood, Tea Tree, Geranium
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the castor oil and jojoba oil.
- Add the essential oils and mix well.
- Transfer the serum to a clean, dark-colored glass bottle with a dropper.
- Before using the serum, shake the bottle well.
- Part your hair and apply the serum to the scalp, massaging it in with your fingers.
- Leave the serum on for at least an hour, or overnight for best results.
- Wash your hair as usual.
It's important to note that some people may be allergic to certain oils and essential oils, so it's always a good idea to do a patch test before using any new hair oil or essential oil.
This serum can be used on a regular basis, ideally 2-3 times a week. The castor oil in the serum is known for its ability to promote hair growth, while the jojoba oil helps to moisturize the scalp. The essential oils of rosemary, lavender, and peppermint have been known for promoting hair growth, reducing hair fall, and improve the overall health of the hair.
It's important to keep in mind that hair loss can be caused by a variety of factors, and this homemade serum may not be effective for everyone. Consult with a doctor or a trichologist if you are experiencing severe hair loss.
In conclusion, creating a hair loss serum at home is a natural and cost-effective way to address hair loss. Given this is a natural remedy it may take longer to see results, however, natural remedies are always worth the wait in our opinion!